Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobSMS
Visitor

Re: Beta Scene Graph Components

I can't seem to get any of the examples to work on my device. Each example hangs on the splash screen.

I'm using a ROKU 3050X and I get this from the console:

------ Running dev 'Rectangle' main ------
Firmware Version Found: 027.00E08230A
Major Version: 7 Minor Version: 00 Build Number: 08230
in showChannelSGScreen

Any suggestions?
Need Apps Templates? Content Management for OTT/IPTV? Check me out @ http://rovidx.com
0 Kudos
dratio
Visitor

I have a question regarding the rectangle node. It has a couple of fields regarding blending that I'm unclear on. There's sourceBlendingFactor and destinationBlendingFactor, which have a type of "option string". What does that mean? I'm a little unclear on what these are even used for. Does anybody know? Thanks
0 Kudos
adamkaz
Channel Surfer

FYI - within brightscript, it is documented that colors are specified as ARGB (search this page for "AARRGGBB"). In scenegraph, it appears that they are specified as RGBA. This made some of the examples confusing to me until I realized this. 😄
0 Kudos
adamkaz
Channel Surfer

Bug:
Looking at the Z-order example, it works as I would expect, blue is above green, which is above red. But if I add another rectangle at the beginning (under everything), the green rectangle moves to the top. If I add yet another rectangle under everything, the red rectangle moves to the top. This doesn't make sense.

<Rectangle
id="added2"
color="0xFF00FFFF"
width="400"
height="200"
translation="[900,260]" />

<Rectangle
id="added1"
color="0xFFFFFFFF"
width="400"
height="200"
translation="[800,260]" />

<Rectangle
id="lowestRectangle"
color="0xFF0000FF"
width="180"
height="60"
translation="[190,195]" />

<Rectangle
id="middleRectangle"
color="0x00FF00FF"
width="360"
height="120"
translation="[250,225]" />

<Rectangle
id="highestRectangle"
color="0x0000FFFF"
width="720"
height="240"
translation="[370,285]" />
0 Kudos

I've got a Roku Streaming Stick running 7.0 build 904, but it's no longer pairing with Roku remotes (tried several). Remote application on Android phone still works though.

Using that remote application I can install an update to 7.0 build 8236, but after installation the rebooting Roku does not go past the Roku bootup logo anymore. Only power off and on works, with stick booting in the broken 904 build again.

Any ideas on how to solve this?
0 Kudos
Yuriy_OM
Visitor

Hi Everyone,

I have sent PM to RokuShawnS to activate my serial numbers for the SDK, but have not received a reply yet ( it has been 5 days). My dev team is anxious to start using it, can anyone please help with activation?

Thanks
0 Kudos
adamkaz
Channel Surfer

@Yuriy_OM: I didn't get a response when I added it (which Roku did very quickly). Have your developers see if they can run one of the scenegraph examples.
0 Kudos
Yuriy_OM
Visitor

Oh I see. I thought I will get PM reply confirming it. I will check it now!
0 Kudos
Yuriy_OM
Visitor

"adamkaz" wrote:
@Yuriy_OM: I didn't get a response when I added it (which Roku did very quickly). Have your developers see if they can run one of the scenegraph examples.

Just wanted to confirm one thing - I should be able to software update to 7.0 to run the SDK? SO far none of my ROKUs want to update and are running 6.2. Just in case, here is the list again:

removed ..

Thanks
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Channel Surfer

Did you send me a PM previously? I got backlogged on a few emails, but they all should have been updated as of Monday evening. I may have missed one or two.

C. Shawn Smith
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos