Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aspyrider
Visitor

Best setting for BlipTV

I have created a video podcast and I'm publishing it via Blip.tv. So far Roku has not accepted the program. It is in cue to be reviewed i guess.
Here is my question. What is the best setting to publish so Roku will get a good file? I don't want the program rejected because the file is not correct.
I'm publishing it in a couple of versions, one for the Ipod, and one for conversion to FLV that is wide screen. I have a 1280x720 version as well but I want to make sure it is set up properly for Roku. My goal when creating this show is to have it available on Roku!
The file is 1280x720 MP4. Does it need to be set for streaming? Or does Roku set the file properly to display at 480 or 720?

The show is called Conundrums and is on Blip at http://conundrums.blip.tv

I have uploaded one file labeled "Television Media Center" because I'm not sure what category it should be in for Roku to accept it. The categories are : "Television Apple TV", "Television Media Center" & "Television (other)" I'm uploading another episode now in that category. I was rejected by UTube because the program is over 10 minutes and Tivo rejected it, probably because of the file type or another issue.
I don't want to be rejected by Roku. Do i need to set these files for streaming mp4 or does Roku do that? I'm using a PC program to generate each show. Can someone answer with the best settings, data rate, compression rates and such so the program can be ready for Roku?

Thanks!
J. 😄
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Visitor

Re: Best setting for BlipTV

J,

You're publishing through Blip.tv? If so, then we won't be reviewing your content as the Blip.tv channel is already published. Regarding what will work on Roku, MP4 w h.264 and AAC-LC are a good bet. Blip.tv should be able to help make sure you upload the right versions for deploying on all of their platforms.

Patrick
0 Kudos
aspyrider
Visitor

Re: Best setting for BlipTV

Thanks!
Sorry, I was under the impression they submit it to Roku and Roku decides if it will be included. On their site they say they submit it and it can be turned down by either. How does that work?
I'm encoding MP4, ACC audio and H.264 so it should be good.
Thanks again!
J.
0 Kudos