Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gary1980Arb
Channel Surfer

Beginner Basic Help

Thank you all for your assistance... I am new to brightscript and I am having a little problem understanding some of the basics...

I wish to create an Episode screen in this fashion:
Main Menu
l
TV
l
shows
l
Episodic content

I've managed to make it to the level "Shows", but I fail to see how to make the next level "Episodic" without changing the entire hierarchy..
Any help would be most graciously appreciated.

Thanks;
Gary
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuRobB
Streaming Star

Re: Beginner Basic Help

Not sure exactly what you mean by not changing the entire heirarchy. I'm assuming that each of the items main Menu, TV, shows, and episodes are separate screens that you navigate to. The episode screen would be created as an roPosterScreen with a list style of flat-episodic or flat-episodic-16x9 as follows:

posterScreen = CreateObject("roPosterScreen")
posterScreen.SetListStyle("flat-episodic")
... 'Load up poster content, etc.

Let me know if this is what you are looking for.
0 Kudos
Gary1980Arb
Channel Surfer

Exactly!!! Thank you so Much!!!
0 Kudos
Gary1980Arb
Channel Surfer

Well.... I messed that up. LOL
It converted ALL the category leafs to "episodic"..
Perhaps if I explained better what I am hoping to achieve:

MAIN MENU: (flat category)
MUSIC TV MOVIES

MUSIC CATEGORY each genra: (arched landscape)
TV CATEGORY each genra: (i.e. Cartoons, Westerns, Comedy, etc.): (arched landscape)
*** Here you would see under "Westerns" the image of Bonanza, Lone Ranger, etc.***
***When clicked on "Bonanza" would take you to the Sub Category episode screen ***
TV SUB-CATEGORY each series (i.e. Bonanza, Lone Ranger, etc.) : (episode screen)

MOVIE CATEGORY each genra: (arched landscape)

The Music and Movie Categories are working properly... I am trying to understand how to create the TV Category and Sub-Categories.
Thanks so much for any assistance you can provide.
~Gary
0 Kudos