Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kbenson
Visitor

Banner revenue (ads)

Any devs out their willing to share what ad services they are using, and what they went through to get set up? My partner and I will be releasing a few products in the near future, and would prefer to make them ad supported if possible (it really just fits better than requiring payment for this). What little investigation I've done seems to indicate most advertisers want to serve cost-per-click (CPC) ads, at least as a portion of the ads they deliver to you. While you can "click" the banner with the Roku, I'm not sure it really falls within the capabilities they require (load a webpage). Then again, some ad exchanges require actual computers and browsers, and specifically forbid embedded devices.

So, anyone out there willing to share? Any enterprising devs decided to set up their own ad exchange?
-- GandK Labs
Check out Reversi! in the channel store!
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
FML2010
Visitor

Re: Banner revenue (ads)

I think this would have a lot to do with what you want to do with the banners.

Most of the video ads out there want you to use their player etc. so if you set it up to play a video as were looking to do, then you run into the issue of reporting etc.

I am interested in seeing what people come up with as well.

I know its possible to track video views even in Roku but the issue would be then a trust issue with the ad agency. since they don't control how its being reported they may be hesitant.
0 Kudos