Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation for roku app

How to support automation for roku app. Is there any frameworks like APPIUM ??
Any information is greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Automation for roku app

No.
During development, i add ad-hoc loop to massage the execution
0 Kudos
RokuTomC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Rupesh,

Great timing for this question. As of today, we're actually opening up beta access to a unit testing framework for automating and testing Roku channels.

If you would like to participate and are willing to provide feedback for the tool, then the first step will be to join our Beta Developers Program. Follow this link to learn more about the Beta Developers Program and signup: https://rokutestingportal.centercode.com/callout/?callid=C3D70CF78CBB41C5906C7838A41F24BE
0 Kudos

Currently our app is not published in the store. Do we have any options to be part of the beta program.
0 Kudos

Any choice of accessing the automatic framework though my app is not published.
0 Kudos
belltown
Roku Guru

If you publish it first, then you can test it. :twisted:

0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"belltown" wrote:
If you publish it first, then you can test it. :twisted:

[spoiler=most interesting tester in the world:wmi7fump][/spoiler:wmi7fump]

It makes sense to test the betas on animals (ooops, i mean experienced developers! 😛 ) first though, before making publicly available.
IMO they have put the entry barrier low enough already - just have a channel published. I would have asked to see at least 1k (or 10k for free) installs under one's belt first.

Speaking of testing in production, i do my custom provisioning in sequence of 3 stages now: push to side-loaded, test; push to beta, test; push to public, test... and i am still paranoid i'll shoot myself in the foot. Cue today's most interesting web store in the world
0 Kudos
belltown
Roku Guru

"EnTerr" wrote:
IMO they have put the entry barrier low enough already - just have a channel published. I would have asked to see at least 1k (or 10k for free) installs under one's belt first.

... Or 20k installs for private channels / or ~1,000 forum posts -- then I might qualify to help them find bugs in the Roku OS before it is released to their customers, etc. 😐
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"belltown" wrote:
... Or 20k installs for private channels /

Ooops :oops:. I doubt someone would want to exclude you, 20k of private installs easily maps to >0.5M public free.
For pvt channels requirement should be by a magnitude lower, like 500.

or ~1,000 forum posts -- then I might qualify to help them find bugs in the Roku OS before it is released to their customers, etc. 😐

Ah, speaking of which - happy 1000 posts!
0 Kudos
belltown
Roku Guru

"EnTerr" wrote:
or ~1,000 forum posts -- then I might qualify to help them find bugs in the Roku OS before it is released to their customers, etc. 😐

Ah, speaking of which - happy 1000 posts!
[spoiler=anything for cake:2615khhy][/spoiler:2615khhy]

Thank you!
0 Kudos