Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryancl
Visitor

Audio issues with new firmware

After the update I am having audio issues with mp4 playback on my channel. The audio sounds high pitched and glitchy. Any ideas? Is anyone else seeing similar behavior?
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
tastytrade
Visitor

Re: Audio issues with new firmware

Absolutely, the audio sounds like it is raised in pitch by about 15%, and the video playback is now jumpy - as if the clock driving the playback is now faster and the video has to occasionally jump ahead to stay up with it.
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

can you PM me URL's for mp4's exhibiting this behavior?

- Joel
0 Kudos
ryancl
Visitor

just sent them.
0 Kudos
tastytrade
Visitor

FYI: we just finished some tests here at our studio. The culprit seems to be something in the way it is interpreting the frequency of the audio. We normally produce video files with 44.1k audio. Those have all universally become "squirrel-ish" and high pitched. We cut some new versions of the video, with no changes other than the the audio rate (now 48k) and the encoding (AAC not MPEG4) and the problems disappear when we play them via USB drive on the roku.
0 Kudos
ryancl
Visitor

I was going to try something similar. Ours are also encoded with 44.1 AAC. I wonder if they will fix this or if I have to re-encode all of my content.
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

If we can reproduce it and figure out the cause, I'm sure we will release a patch as soon as we are able to.

- Joel
0 Kudos
ryancl
Visitor

Checking to see if any progress has been made here. Would love to get this resolved before we go into another weekend.
0 Kudos