Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greubel
Visitor

Audio Player Seek() ????

I tried using the seek() function to position both forward and back in a song and either I'm doing it wrong or something is screwy.
Do you have to stop() or pause() before the seek() ? I tried it both ways and without either and it still doesn't function correctly.

I have it setup to forward and reverse seek with the remote keys. I'm trying to do a fast forward and reverse. Each click of the button bumps + or - 10 seconds from what I think is the current position and then do the seek() to that value. It does something but I don't know what.

If you go beyond the end of the song the audio stops, which it should. But shouldn't the next song pickup ?

I use the elapsed time to handle the progress bar and it functions correctly. So the elapsed time is correct and the total length of the song is correct. I have debug statements in that show the "current" location based on elapsed time of where I think the song is. But when it reaches about 50% of the total, the song ends. So I ran off the end !

Any thoughts ?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Audio Player Seek() ????

It doesn't work on MP3s. There's a thread here someplace.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DeftOne
Visitor

Re: Audio Player Seek() ????

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=30673&p=186946
Roku2 XS (13A166000325) HDMI to LG 42" LCD 1080p (42LH30)
Roku XDS (K0A073000137)
Netgear WNDR3400 (all Rokus wireless)
25 Mbps
0 Kudos