Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Guide for Visually Impaired in Roku not working properly

Hi Everyone,

I am making the channel that has a RowList and live video playing on top. The RowList contains the VOD videos. Please see the screenshot below.

When focusing the Rowlist item, the audio guide read the title well. But it reads the video duration wrongly and it is not even reading the release date that is mentioned on top of image.

When voice over is reading the thumbnail's meta data, it read duration (05:44) as "zero zero zero zero five four four". it should read "five minutes forty four seconds duration"

So, Anyone know how to handle this audio guide to play in a proper way. Client considers this as a big issue and they want to fix it. But I don't see any documents or links to handle audio guide.

Thank you.
Dineshkumar
I am using Roku 4 - 4400X Model.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKC
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Audio Guide for Visually Impaired in Roku not working properly

"pdineshkumar55" wrote:

But I don't see any documents or links to handle audio guide.

I don't have any specific help for you, but you can find some documentatation at
https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/Text+to+Speech
0 Kudos
joetesta
Roku Guru

Re: Audio Guide for Visually Impaired in Roku not working properly

you can customize behavior by building up your own engine to translate on screen text to what you want said, but it's not a trivial task.
aspiring
0 Kudos