Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joetesta
Roku Guru

Attempting to delete a forum post

When I tried to delete a forum post, it was confusing and unsuccessful.  I was already logged in, made a forum post, then decided to delete it.
1) First I saw a screen stating "You need to login in order to delete posts within this forum" with a login form.  I entered my login information and was returned to the same screen where I entered my login again.
2) I saw a screen stating "Delete post" - "Are you sure you want to delete this post?" - "Reason for deletion" (entered a reason)
3) Was shown the same login screen stating "You need to login in order to delete posts within this forum"  I correctly entered my password again
4) I was again returned to the same screen stating "You need to login in order to delete posts within this forum"  I correctly entered my password again
5) "Information" - "You cannot delete posts in this forum"

This seems broken to me.
aspiring
2 REPLIES 2
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Attempting to delete a forum post

I had similar issue today - sans having to re-login. I wanted to delete post, it asked me for a reason and on submit said i cannot delete posts here (which i was always able to). I tried a few more times with the same error. It never reported success but! - when i refreshed the thread my post was deleted.  😮
RokuShawnS
Channel Surfer

Re: Attempting to delete a forum post

This is a known issue.  Sometimes it takes a few attempts before it sticks.  It has to do (I think) with the SID the software uses.  I don't have an ETA on when it will be fixed.

C. Shawn Smith
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan