Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrAlex
Visitor

Approving the channel as public

My channel has been submitted to be approved as public on 08/23/2015. The channel is coded in Brightscript. Here is the screenshot:
https://www.screencast.com/t/YKu8UiM4uM

We are now in 2019.

4 years later, and the Roku guys are still testing the channel. Not approving it. Not rejecting it. They just continue to test it.

In your experience, how many years does it take before Roku guys approve the channel as public?

Sorry for being impatient, perhaps I am asking this question too early, it has not been a decade yet 🙂
Dr Alex Davidovic
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: Approving the channel as public

I believe your channel needs to be in Scenegraph to be approved, so a rewrite and resubmit might be a good idea?
0 Kudos
speechles
Roku Guru

You should've checked the email attached to the developer account that you created when you made that app. Roku would've sent you something as to why your channel was left in limbo. Now it's too late.

All we can do is wonder why you wait 4 years to make this post? Is your post really just equivalent to spam and just made to give an illusion of reality? Did you really make the post so we would see the URL in your signature and click it? So others can see your URL in your signature? So index/spider bots would see your signature? Why add that oddball signature with just 3 posts? It almost looks like it is that way by your low post count. Almost like you want users to see your link in your signature and click it and ask you to make their app in 24 hours. Is that what this entire post is about? There is no app thats taken 4 years is there? This is just a game and a sly way for you to get your link up on Roku forums and act like a doctor? Is that whats up, doc? Are you a not-so-sly spammer?

You would need to rewrite the entire thing from the ground up in scene graph to get on the store now. According to your signature you can do this in less than 24 hours. If you start right now it can be done by tomorrow...lol.

I am almost bet too that those screencast.com links you put up are also spam meant to fit your agenda. You want people to go OMG an image hosting place that only charges $9.99/mo where do I sign up? the laff... I am bet your entire persona is just a charade. A huge fabrication. A lie meant to deceive. A get rich scheme meant to fleece those who aren't as wise as the rest of us. A con man. A rip off artist. Etc..
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

speechles you crack me up!
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

"speechles" wrote:

I am almost bet too that those screencast.com links you put up are also spam meant to fit your agenda. You want people to go OMG an image hosting place that only charges $9.99/mo where do I sign up? the laff... I am bet your entire persona is just a charade. A huge fabrication. A lie meant to deceive. A get rich scheme meant to fleece those who aren't as wise as the rest of us. A con man. A rip off artist. Etc..

😄  A con, inside a fake post, wrapped in spam.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

This guy? https://www.facebook.com/dr.alex.davidovic

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
DrAlex
Visitor

Of course, finding some nasty, rude and abusive person ready to have a go at you just for the fun of it is never hard. Sadly, no shortage of guys like speechles in the world.

Why wait 4 years to make this post? Well, I sent multiple support requests to Roku, to no avail.

My "agenda" when I created the channel was to get it up and running. 

I admit - by making a post about it, I was venting some anger. I put lots of time and effort into creating the channel at a time.
Right now, even though it's been over 4 years since I created the channel, it would still be nice to see it approved.

To DBDukes: yes, that's my FB page ( https://www.facebook.com/dr.alex.davidovic )
Dr Alex Davidovic
0 Kudos
DrAlex
Visitor

By the way, I see that the c-point.com URL in my signature was a distraction, so I removed it. 
I've NEVER in my life made a post just so people could see the URL in my signature as suggested by "speechles", and now that I am 57, I have no intention of starting.

To set the record straight, I had this website for 19 years, but as of 1st of April 2018 it no longer belongs to me, so even if someone followed the link it would have been of no benefit to me whatsoever. 

...and when I post, I use my real name, I don't hide under "speechles".
Dr Alex Davidovic
0 Kudos
speechles
Roku Guru

Rude? Abusive?

You waited 4 years to post on these forums about it. Where else did you do? Wish on a falling star? Call up Roku? Email them? Sent a guy over to Roku HQ in Los Gatos, California? Really? Wait.. seriously though. What did you do?

I am being serious. I see a lack of credibility. It is much too late to concern yourself with that old SDKA app that can no longer be published. If you are hoping there is some way, since framework still exists on present v9.x firmwares to support it, that indeed your SDKA should be pushed through to the Roku storefront. I am letting you know you should give up that hope. Only RSGA apps will be approved going forward.

Read here: https://blog.roku.com/developer/channel-certification-updates-oct-2018

That url explains how this process works going forward. You must agree to these new terms to become a developer to publish channels. There was no ill intent meant. These forums are over run with people trying to scam/fleece/spam others. To do nothing about it is tantamount to condone it. If you are in fact not any of the above that I mentioned then sir I apologize. You give the impression of something being off. Maybe it is the language barrier as there obviously is one at play.

Is this real life? is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide. No escape from reality.

Who is hiding? I see no need to spout my grandeur as you do. My work speaks for itself.
0 Kudos
DrAlex
Visitor

To  speechles: "A huge fabrication. A lie meant to deceive. A get rich scheme meant to fleece those who aren't as wise as the rest of us. A con man. A rip off artist."

Seriously man, you don't find any of this rude and abusive?

I created a channel 4 years ago that has not been approved or rejected. I made a post about it - and in your world that makes me a rip off artist, a con man, and what not. Wow!
You are such a charming, well-measured person.
Dr Alex Davidovic
0 Kudos