Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wlh99
Visitor

Approval for publishing a channel

I work for a broadcasting company and am begining to devolop a channel. Brightscript seems simple enough and I am beta testing a channel now.
We have lots of good content, and also existing relationships with Ad agencies and advertisers so we expect to have a channel that is free and popular.
Before we get too involved though, what does it take to get a channel approved and in the channel store? There isn't much in there now so there must be some requirements that need to be met that people just arn't meeting? Is there a minimun amount of content, so many beta testers, or just a Roku thumbs up or down? How long does the process take?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Visitor

Re: Approval for publishing a channel

It's supposed to be pretty lightweight. Once you're ready, click the 'publish' button and we'll notice it. We're currently in the process of doing weekly releases of new channels, on Thursdays, so the earliest you'd release in the following Thursday. Generally, we try and made sure the channel runs, content plays, etc and offer feedback about best practices, etc (which we're working on providing as documentation). We're also happy to take a look at the channel early on (just drop me a line with the channel code) and work with you during the development process.

We've currently got 31 channels released in the public channel store. A number more exist as private channels. Get in touch and I'm happy to discuss more with you.

Patrick
0 Kudos
calicommando
Visitor

And I'll beta test for you 😉
0 Kudos
SCarle
Visitor

I will be willing to beta test as well.
0 Kudos
kc8pql
Visitor

"calicommando" wrote:
And I'll beta test for you 😉

+1
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos