Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval Wait? Getting Email Assistance?

I read here that the approvals are done every Thursday and that there were only a few days of wait. I submitted my package on February 14, 2016, but because either I'm dense or the web pages are screwy, I'm not exactly sure if I submitted the package properly. I wrote to developer@roku.com as advised by the general help person, but so far no response.

QUESTION #1: What are the typical approval wait times now, as of February 2016? I'm paying $45 a month to "Instant TV Channel" because I found their web-based interface easy to deal with. So, every day that I'm not approved it costs me money.

QUESTION #2: How do I find out if I did something wrong that needs correction? I emailed to developer@roku.com but hadn't received anything, not even automated response that the message got into your email system.

What I did was create a free, private channel and got it working exactly as I want it (splash screen, splash video, no menus, continuous play from a playlist). I know that Roku says that you have to develop either private or commercial, but "Instant TV Channel" apparently allows a private channel to be reworked and sent to Roku as a commercial channel. This is great. And Roku SEEMED to accept the change to a commercial channel, but I don't know for sure.

Help! Everything is listed under davidkayepromo@yahoo.com so you'll see that I've made at least 2 tries for commercial and one for private.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Approval Wait? Getting Email Assistance?

It looks like you have created two Public channels. But neither has been submitted for publication. If you click on the channel in your Manage My Channels section of the developer portal and then click Edit Channel, you should find a large green button labled "Submit" on that page which should let you submit your channel(s).

- Joel
0 Kudos

I was able to get the green Submit button the first time I uploaded the 2 versions of my app. (It wasn't intended to be 2 versions, but I couldn't seem to go any further with the first version.

Anyhow, your site now does NOT give me a green Submit button. Instead it says that I must be enrolled in the Billing program. But the billing program choice is dimmed out and says, "Roku Billing Initiated", so I'm not sure what the hassle is. I uploaded a TIFF of my W-9, perhaps that's the problem? Should I have uploaded it to you in a JPG or GIF format? I'm looking all over your website and did Google searches on "developer" and "billing" but can't come up with a link to re-submit my W-9 file.

Is this what's holding up things? For the record, of the two packages submitted I'd prefer the earlier one, given that it matches my website URL. I'm assuming that there is no problem having a dot in a channel name?
0 Kudos

How do I submit my W-9 now, since there's an obvious bug in your web site that prevents me from doing it anywhere now that it's in the review process?
0 Kudos