Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application zip is working fine but package is crashing

I side loaded my application to Roku and tested it for a whole day. It has been working fine. Then I created package from the same side loaded zip. When I published this package and updated application on Roku, the application started crashing to Roku main screen on startup. I have tried to create packages with different versions of the same application and all are failing where zips are working. How is it possible for package to crash when zip is working fine???
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Re: Application zip is working fine but package is crashing

"scorpiontahir02" wrote:
I side loaded my application to Roku and tested it for a whole day. It has been working fine. Then I created package from the same side loaded zip. When I published this package and updated application on Roku, the application started crashing to Roku main screen on startup. I have tried to create packages with different versions of the same application and all are failing where zips are working. How is it possible for package to crash when zip is working fine???

I tend to think a missing registry setting is the culprit in these situations.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos

"squirreltown" wrote:
I tend to think a missing registry setting is the culprit in these situations.

I have only one setting being stored in the registry. And I have a workflow for the case if the settings is not found in the registry. This workflow seems to be working fine when I am using zip. But in the package file it seems to be crashing the application right at the place where it is getting that setting from registry and using it. So you might be right about the registry but why is it working in zip?

Here is my code:

running = True

While running
this.textureManager.Cleanup()
this.screenState = Invalid
this.accessCode = RegRead(this.accessCodeKey, Invalid)
If this.accessCode = Invalid
KBScreen = KeyboardScreen(this.port, "Enter Your Access Code")
this.accessCode = KBScreen.Show()
KBScreen = Invalid
End If
If this.accessCode <> Invalid
' Get content from server and display on screen
Else
running = False
End If
End While
0 Kudos

OK,
The problem was not in the package file. The content with which I was testing and the content that published application was getting from server were different and it caused the content parser had an issue. It is working fine now after resolving bug in my parser.
0 Kudos