Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DLC
Visitor

Application storage

Hello,

Just a simple question but I cannot find the answer in the forum (or maybe I missed it... :oops: ).
When I add a channel to my box, is it linked to the box or to the account? As i have been working on the roku only for my internship, I don't think I will keep my account (I don't want to leave my bank account linked when I leave). If I do, will the channels I set up in the box be removed?

Thank you (and big thanks to the whole staff for the precious help I received 😉 ).

Denis
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
destruk
Streaming Star

Re: Application storage

When you add a channel it is added to your roku account. All boxes on your Roku account will get the channel. If the channel requires you to link, then the box itself is linked and registered.
To clear the information and fully remove all channels from the individual roku box, use a paperclip for 30 seconds pressed on the 'reset' hole to factory default the box.
To remove the box listing from your roku account, go to roku.com and remove it there. If you are removing it from your roku account on the website, it's a good idea to factory default the box too.
0 Kudos
DLC
Visitor

In fact I don't want to remove the channels from the box, that is why i asked before deleting the account 🙂
Thank you for the answer.
0 Kudos
kc8pql
Visitor

"DLC" wrote:
(I don't want to leave my bank account linked when I leave).

If you mean your CC info you entered when you set up the account, you can just delete that.
Your box will remain linked to your Roku account. You just won't have a payment method.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos
DLC
Visitor

Yes that is what i meant. But I thought that it was compulsory to have one linked... Well I think I will just remove it then.
Thanks very much.
0 Kudos
kc8pql
Visitor

No, not compulsory. Your account will be unaffected if you delete the info, and Roku keeps no record of it.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos