Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thiruvengadam12
Channel Surfer

App getting crash and went to home screen while playing video continuously for 2 mins

Please help me out team. while playing video my app got crash and went to home screen.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: App getting crash and went to home screen while playing video continuously for 2 mins

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Can you provide us with more details about what you are seeing? What model device are you using? What channel were you using to watch the content? What content were you watching? Did you try rewatching the content and see if you were able to watch it?

We would recommend to first try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

For more help with your issue, please see our Tips for Creating a Help or Support Topic in the Community. Including important details in your issue report helps us better understand the specific issue you are reporting.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Thiruvengadam12
Channel Surfer

Re: App getting crash and went to home screen while playing video continuously for 2 mins

Actually i removed the channel and reinstalled many times. i explain the follow,

- my video url type is .m3u8 format

- i am playing the video in my app

- it playing for 2 mins

- then i saw my log, it shows "App exit initiates"

- then roku gets crash

i have attached the screenshot of my log below. please provide me some solution.

this is log screenshotthis is log screenshot

0 Kudos
Thiruvengadam12
Channel Surfer

HI Danny,

Thanks for your quick responsescreen shot of my logscreen shot of my log

Actually i removed the channel and reinstalled many times. i explain the follow,

- my video url type is .m3u8 format

- i am playing the video in my app

- it playing for 2 mins

- then i saw my log, it shows "App exit initiates"

- then roku gets crash

i have attached the screenshot of my log below. please provide me some solution.

this is log screenshotthis is log screenshot

0 Kudos
Thiruvengadam12
Channel Surfer

Hi sir,

issueID - 93473148 Serial number - YY007U278893 Device type - ROKU 4 software version - 9.2.0

I am a developer. i am facing this issue past two weeks. please help me out to sort this.

0 Kudos
Thiruvengadam12
Channel Surfer

Hi sir,

I am waiting for your response for my issues.. Please help me out..Its has been 1 week went..

0 Kudos
speechles
Roku Guru

What does that m3u8 look like? Something in how you are deliver to the Roku is causing your issue. I have had this happen when sending material the Roku didn't really support to it anyways. 

Specifically, what does the media information look like for whatever it is you are attempting to play with that m3u8? 

What are you doing in the app as the video plays? Maybe it crashes behind the player. It eventually will reboot the Roku possibly. The Roku stops responding to keypresses then becomes hung but the video keeps playing. Then spontaneously reboots. It sounds like you have a bug in your code. Maybe not even related to the m3u8 and the video playing.

Thiruvengadam12
Channel Surfer

Hi,

I resolved the issues, thank you for your response.....Its memory overload issue.....I reduced the memory of my app it works fine now..

0 Kudos