Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gilgals
Visitor

Anybody developing a Filipino Channel?

I am still keeping our direct tv subscription only because of the TFC Filipino Channel but if somebody is developing a channel lets say making ABS CBN NOW a premium channel or something then..i think Filipinos abroad (specially in the USA) would be buying ROKU...it would be much just subscribing ABS CBN NOW and linked to a ROKU player...I have had ABS CBN Now before but dont want to connect my computer to the TV, thus was forced to subscribe to Direct TV..if anybody is developing please advise..if i had the skills i would do it...well i would try if nobody is developing but it would maybe take years...
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
gilgals
Visitor

Re: Anybody developing a Filipino Channel?

If any developer out there is interested to develop or add http://tfcnow.abs.cbn.com as a private channel or even a premium channel i think Filipino would even be willing to pay to add the channel..lets say $20 or so...or for roku management how about adding this filipino site as a premium channel...
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

that links is no good
Twitter: iptvmyway facebook: iptvmyay
Channels: Warriors of War, Go Fight Live, Heading Outdoorz, IPTVmyway
0 Kudos
guyrendon
Visitor

0 Kudos
marina28
Visitor

That would be very nice if they can add a Filipino channel. 😄
I am jealous with the Indians because they have a lot of free Indian channels in Roku.
My favorite private channel so far is JustinTV, thanks to TheEndless!!! You're the best sir! I get to watch some Filipino movies there.
I sure wish somebody out there can develop a Filipino channel. If that happens, I will be in euphoria! Smiley LOL

For now, I get to watch Filipino show in my laptop through this website: http://www.noypi-unlimited.com/index.ht ... b205e50a8f
0 Kudos
jbrave
Channel Surfer

Flippish.com looks to be roku compatible. If you can contact them and find out if they are interested in supporting the platform, they might work with you to provide an xml feed from which the videos could be extracted. Then you someone else could create a channel. You might consider learning how to do it yourself, attempt to read the manuals and ask lots of questions. The example files are hopelessly overcomplicated, like it takes a few hours to create a very basic app that will play a few videos, but it takes 3 months of hard work to begin to understand the examples. Asking lots of questions and people who have been through learning it the hard way will help you quite a bit.

- Joel
Screenshades: The first Screensaver for Roku2!
Musiclouds: The best free internet music, on your Roku!
Ouroborialis: Psychedelic Screensaver for Roku!
0 Kudos
marina28
Visitor

Thank you Joel.

If I just have the skills like you guys and the knowledge to do it, I will definitely try to do it.But for now, the only program I can operate is Microsoft Office, Smiley LOL Is there a "Developing A Roku Channel For Dummies" book outthere? Also, where can I get this manual? I would love to learn how to do it.

"but it takes 3 months of hard work to begin to understand the examples. Asking lots of questions and people who have been through learning it the hard way will help you quite a bit. "

This makes me more thankful to TheEndless and Nowhereman for developing all those wonderful private channels. I will start reading more in this forum. As of now, I am completely lost with the topic, I have no idea what is a "sound bridge, a DLNA, HLS. :oops:
0 Kudos
pin2gtoes
Visitor

Is anybody still interested in this?

I have a somewhat working private channel for Filipino tv shows. Channel is based on videoplayer example and fetches custom feeds from my dropbox account. With that said I won't be able to share it with everybody 😞 unless I find host with bigger bandwidth. Maybe I'll move it to github or similar.

DISCLAIMER: videos are hosted by youtube and works similar to youtube channel. I am merely making it easier for others to get to those videos.

If you are still interested, PM me. But only if you are willing to provide feedback and not expect a fully polished app 😄
Nuod Tayo - Filipino Channel for Roku - (http://blog.nuodtayo.tv)
0 Kudos
marina28
Visitor

I am still looking forward for a Filipino Private Channel. 😄 😄
0 Kudos
Graceboyd
Visitor

Definitely interested! Willing to pay for premium service. I am pretty sure that hundreds of thousands if not millions of Filiinos here in United States will too!
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.