Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Announcing Juice for Roku - Android App and Channel

The grander plan is then to connect the Roku to the cabin TV on my 2 week Hawaiian cruise (8 days at sea), and stream AndroidTV content directly to it. Add the battery, and now you don't have to find a power outlet or have to gain access to anybody elses network. Like if you wanted to take the rig to a friends house or party, or bring and connect to a projector. You really shouldn't have to involve a router unless you need to get to the internet (maybe a good reason for using the android hotspot mode some how). If your content is otherwise just on your phone, www isn't needed.

This setup makes a better experience than trying to use the mini hdmi port on my samsung galaxy s2 with an adapter. Please let me know what you think. THANKS!!!
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

Seems like a waste of a vacation to watch internet provided entertainment that you can see anywhere, in such a location for reality. It'd be like going to Hawaii and staying inside your tour bus tweeting and using facebook without looking outside the whole time until the trip was over. But then my parents never let me take books to read or games to play when we went on vacation - I had to interact with the environment around me for where we were. 🙂
0 Kudos
greno
Visitor

I have tried turning on my hotspot and having the roku connect to it. It does work, even though the app gives you a warning about wifi being off.

The other option you mention is called wifi direct, and it requires the hardware manufacturer to support it.

Or you could buy this: Neewer 150M mini Pocket Wireless Router

-Gregg
0 Kudos

Hmm, how did you get it to work? I got the warning too, but still couldn't get it to connect. I'll look for the router, but you see what I mean here about shouldn't having to need that.
0 Kudos

I think where it got hung up for me was that because the Roku could never get all the way through to the internet, it wouldn't keep or activate/use that wireless link as a data source - so I couldn't see my Galaxy after all.
0 Kudos
mofty
Visitor

Hello i am new to posting so please bear with me. I have the Juice for Roku app installed on my Droid razer maxx . It worked fine until the Large Android update that was installed today. I have tried everything to try to get it to work,the device is noticed and connected. I am able to use the remote option flawlessly. The things that are not working are the picture streaming and the music streaming. Each application says that it is sent to roku but nothing comes up on the screen the juice home screen is all that I see when I try to stream pictures. The timer appears when I try to stream music.
0 Kudos
greno
Visitor

Mofty,

Try to recreate the problem, then pick the Report A Problem menu option. That will send me a log file of what the app is doing. Hopefully that will contain an error message that will let me know what the problem is.

-Gregg Reno
Jigawatt Labs
0 Kudos