Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tunneling
Visitor

Android App - Remote - Broken Pipe (IOException)

I'm playing around with the demo Android App that comes with the SDK. I keep getting a socket error, so the Remote only works for a few commands and then quits.

03-05 20:26:22.095: I/Transmitter(17672): transmit error, java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe

I'm running Android 2.3.3 and have a Roku 2 XS. The behavior is the same whether the Roku is on wifi or ethernet.

Is it possible to maintain a persistent connection with the Roku, or does it close the socket after a certain period of time?

Is my Roku defective?

t
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
tunneling
Visitor

Re: Android App - Remote - Broken Pipe (IOException)

anyone?
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

I've posted a bug report to our database, I or someone else will let you know if there is some useful information that comes out of that.

- Joel
0 Kudos
tunneling
Visitor

Is there a page where I can check the status of the bug reports? If you need anything for trying to replicate the issue let me know.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

No, but you can bug me via private message once every two weeks if you don't hear from me.

- Joel
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

"tunneling" wrote:

Is it possible to maintain a persistent connection with the Roku, or does it close the socket after a certain period of time?

Is my Roku defective?

t

Ok, I got word back from Engineering for you:

"The ECP socket is closed after ~4 seconds of no activty. Just open it again."

Hope that helps.

- Joel
0 Kudos
tunneling
Visitor

Thanks for the timeout.

Should the demo android app handle this, or was it written against a different version of the Roku software?

t
0 Kudos