Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thekidt
Visitor

Agario not working

Hi. Having a problem connecting to Agario. The channel loads but then gets stuck in a loop between connecting to the server and then getting disconnected from the server. If I keep clicking the play button sometimes I will see the game for a split-second but thats it. Any help fixing this would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Agario not working

Yes - the "Agario" channel is broken right now.
I received the first email complaints the weekend before last. Turns out there was upgrade to agar servers/protocol back then, which broke compatibility. So now when the client connects, it gets booted right away (hence you may see some blobs but only for part of a second).

I made a fix which i will submit for publishing and then it's up to Roku deities benevolence. Will notify when available.

I notified Roku staff last week that the channel is malfunctioning, wanting to remove it from ChannelStore till fixed - but apparently the process now is a bureaucratic quagmire with forms to be signed and counter-signed by upper brass. In any event i see Agario is still publicly available for new downloads...

On a side note, RokuCo should fix their process, so that developers can yank away or re-publish a (unchanged) channel in a "self-service" fashion - at any time, for whatever reason they please - just like this can be done in Apple and Amazon AppStores for example. Baring that (till the Co acquires the necessary "checkbox technology"), ChannelStore team people should be empowered to un-publish channel on a simple request from the publisher, with no paper-tiger-trail roundabout.
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

@Enterr - you never said for certain that you wanted us to remove it from the store - so I didn't start the process. If you want it removed, yes it does take a few days, but we can do that.

- Joel
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"RokuJoel" wrote:
@Enterr - you never said for certain that you wanted us to remove it from the store - so I didn't start the process. If you want it removed, yes it does take a few days, but we can do that.

Well... uh... yeah... i suppose it may have come that way. What i said was:
"Is it easy for you to remove/re-add a listing from Channel Store? So that no new people keep installing it. If it's easy - and won't cause problem later re-listing, yank it please. (If it's fiddly process, let it stay and wait for the new version)"
So i left it up to your discretion, whatever is good/expedient for the Channel Store.

And i think at the time (mid last week) both sides believed a fix will be uploaded within a day or two. But then the Easter break came and i figured having the time, i will add some code to check for and display "emergency notifications", so if server issue happens again, next time people can see a popup text on start about the outage and expected time to fix. And then... time dilation happened and i guess i developed the magical thinking that in the mean while the app is getting pulled from the Store.

You know what, i am making commitment to submit the new version for Monday (4/4) signature. There, i have committed like a pig to a ham&eggs breakfast. Please egg me publicly if i try to claim it was April Fool's joke next week 😉
0 Kudos
thekidt
Visitor

So ...do we need some eggs?
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"thekidt" wrote:
So ...do we need some eggs?

No, no - i am good 😛
I submitted the updated version on Monday. For an extended definition of Monday but definitely, positively, absolutely before the start of the next workday. Now the things are into the hands of RokuCo (dog bless).

Thank you for your eggcellent contribution by the way!
Now, if only there was someone out there to scramble my eggs about "Tangrams" and "2048"...
0 Kudos
thekidt
Visitor

Jeez Roku guys ..whats the hold-up?
0 Kudos
thekidt
Visitor

Hi Roku ...Would love an update.
0 Kudos
thekidt
Visitor

Am I mistaken as to my understanding of a forum? Is this not a place to exchange information? Does ANYONE know why nothing is happening?
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

Welcome to the Roku dev forum! :cry:
0 Kudos