Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
codebob
Visitor

Add XML feed screen to Akufu's Youtube app

Hello,

I've been trying to modify the youtube app code by 'Akufu' for some time now and I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this probably/hopefully quite simple thing.

What I'm looking to do is keep the youtube app as it is but add another box on the main screen "My Vids" and when you go into it it grabs an XML feed from my private URL and displays the video feed on screen, much like the videoplayer sdk example.

Can someone with the expertise and massively superior brain than mine please help me out with this?

I can add the new "My Vids" box by altering the appMain.brs file and adding this:

menudata.Push({ShortDescriptionLine1:"My Vids", OnClick:"SearchYoutubeMV", ShortDescriptionLine2:"My videos",  HDPosterUrl:"pkg:/images/Search.jpg", SDPosterUrl:"pkg:/images/Search.jpg"})

But from that point I don't have a clue, I've attempted to load a basic image or paragraph etc in order to see if I'm going in the right direction but I just can't get anything to work when I select that box.

All I want is for it to retrieve my XML feed and show/play the videos :cry:
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.