Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnmarsden
Visitor

Accurate csfake XML files for Billing?

I've seen a bunch of old posts about inaccurate documentation and have experienced it myself. Some of them were related to the roChannelStore and I believe that. So this question is in two parts:

1.) Does anyone have some proven accurate dummy XMLs for the SG Channel Store events? CheckOrder, GetCatalog, GetPurchases, PlaceOrder...

2.) I noticed that GetPurchases() supposedly has fields like: freeTrialQuantity, freeTrialType, productType, cost, etc. but the event from DoOrder() does not. Seems a bit odd that I wouldn't get that information back after doing the purchase order. If I wanted to get fields like that, is this how I have to do it:

A. Call DoOrder()
B. Get purchaseId
C. Call GetPurchases()
D. Loop through list to find purchaseId

Is that really what I have to do in order to get those details? 
Are those fields actually on the DoOrder but undocumented?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
johnmarsden
Visitor

Re: Accurate csfake XML files for Billing?

bump.
0 Kudos
Veeta
Visitor

I do the same.  Call GetPurchases immediately after DoOrder in order to have the full details.
0 Kudos
johnmarsden
Visitor

"Veeta" wrote:
I do the same.  Call GetPurchases immediately after DoOrder in order to have the full details.

Doesn't it feel dirty to do that?
0 Kudos
Veeta
Visitor

Not for me.  It depends on the architecture of your subscription management, though.  If you have to notify the CMS of subscription entitlements, this may happen due to a DoOrder or from a "restore purchase", such as a user launching the app on a second Roku device.  I just execute the same code in both places, at every launch and after DoOrder.
0 Kudos