Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daddou-dhia
Visitor

A tunsian men interested by roku

hi
am a developper interested by roku and i want to develop my own web streaming server for this set top box .
i want to know if server red5 with the prtotocol rstp is supported by roku else what's the protocol which can be used except hls ?,what's server open source on linux who can offer the hls technology, is the seveur must generate the xml files dynamically ?,is roku can recuperate the xml file ?

thank you
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKevin
Visitor

Re: A tunsian men interested by roku

The Roku box does not support rtsp. The box does support HLS and regular progressive download of h264 encoded mpeg4 files. Apache (or any web server that supports range requests) can server up the progressive download of mpeg4 files. It can also host HLS content, but you would need to add segmenting to your encoding process for HLS content.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
daddou-dhia
Visitor

thank you very much ,i buyed two roku just for developing i want to now its possible to add pakage or developing another api ? what's the i/o to interfacing (for exemple serial port for dreambox).
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

The BrightScript interface is the only way to develop apps. Once the box is in developer mode (check the docs) You will telnet to port 8085. There is no need for any other I/O interfacing like serial port, etc...

--Kevin
0 Kudos