Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Re: 7.2 Local media

"RokuDale" wrote:
The problem with playback of files larger than 4Gbytes has been found in the firmware. It will be fixed.
rokudale

Thanks for letting us know, thats great.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"squirreltown" wrote:
"RokuDale" wrote:
The problem with playback of files larger than 4Gbytes has been found in the firmware. It will be fixed.
rokudale

Thanks for letting us know, thats great.

At times i miss the forum ability to be able to give thumbs up/up-vote an answer / person.
0 Kudos
schrock
Visitor

Love my Roku's, but 4 weeks have gone by since 7.2 was released, which introduced this bug. I have stuck with Roku because it has been so stable, probably due to the fact that release cycles seem to be more prudent, however something like this justifies an emergency fix.
0 Kudos
schrock
Visitor

Still no fix. Ridiculous.
0 Kudos
DubTaylor
Roku Guru

There are (estimated) thousands of Plex/Roku users with magnum Blu-Ray rips suffering with this bug.

If it is possible for Roku to raise the drawbridge and fill the moat with alligators - that would be a good idea. The townspeople are coming armed with torches and farming implements and they don't look happy. 
0 Kudos
schrock
Visitor

Exactly DubTaylor. The only reason why I haven't gone to a Android based media player has been because of stability and convenience, but now I am being forced to look else where. The G-Box Q looks really nice.
0 Kudos
cariocap
Visitor

My Netflix Roku app sometime gives me an blue screen of "stability"when powering on for the first time and playing a movie. Power off/on solves the "stability" problem.[/font]
0 Kudos
RokuDale
Visitor

Hello all,
We've completed internal testing on the next 7.2 patch release. This includes a fix for streaming of large >4G local media. If interested in testing this release, please PM to me the devid of the roku you want to get this early release software.
thanks
rokudale
0 Kudos
Wishbone09
Visitor

Thanks roku dale the patch seems to have fixed this issue. Have just tried out on a 10gb file.
0 Kudos
big_stingman
Visitor

Is there an estimated time we can expect the new update to roll out? I have several clients with rokus that have been suffering from this issue for weeks and they would like to know when they can expect a fix.
0 Kudos