Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davewhite79
Reel Rookie

MASN Everywhere crashing on Roku

Jump to solution

I have this problem now on my Premier Plus.  An app (MASN Everywhere) sits on the title screen and after 30 seconds the jumping ROKU letters are up. I have a couple of Roku sticks where the app works perfectly, so it seems to be a problem on the premier plus. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: MASN Everywhere crashing on Roku

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts regarding the issue you are experiencing with the MASN channel.

Please be aware that we have passed along your concerns to the channel partner to investigate the issue further.

If you are still experiencing an issue with playback on the MASN channel, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Crashing Repeatedly…

Jump to solution

Hi @davewhite79,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you've been having this trouble with playing content on the MASN Everywhere. We would like to know how to identify and resolve any playback issues.

We recommend performing the below steps and see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Remove the channel from the Roku device
  2. Power cycle the Roku device, by disconnecting it from the power cable and reconnecting the device back to the power
  3. Re-add the channel back to the Roku device

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

We would suggest trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
davewhite79
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply RokuMary-F.  I have removed the channel, unplugged the Roku, and added the channel back.  It still has the same issue.  I also did a complete factory restart yesterday and that did not fix the issue.  The app starts on the title screen and then the Roku completely restarts.  I have 3 Roku sticks in the house that do not have this problem.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @davewhite79,

Thanks for the quick response and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far.

One additional suggestion we would like for you to try checking for any system updates in Settings>System>System update>Check now and see if you notice any difference.

If the issue remains unresolved, we'd recommend reaching out to the MASN Everywhere channel directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist.

Please let us know if there are other related issues that we can further take a look at.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TaraLee
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue on my Roku Stream Bar Pro....It works fine on my Roku Ultra and the other two sticks I have.  After choosing the app, it crashes and restarts the Roku Streambar.  I've tried everything as well to no avail. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TaraLee,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us about the behavior you are seeing with your Roku device and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far. We would be happy to look at what we can do to help you to make sure we are providing the best streaming experience but we need more details.

Here are a few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

• When did this issue first start occurring?
  • Which streaming channels are you experiencing this issue on?
  • Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
  • Did you make any changes to your connection recently?
  • What specific troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
  • Have you tried taking a look here in our Support resources and following the steps to help resolve the issue with your Roku device? How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TaraLee
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi Mary,

It is an issue with the MASN App only.   It started last weekend.  I've uninstalled the App and restarted my Roku and added it back.  I've factory reset my Roku Device as well. Neither things fixed the issue. It only happens on my Roku Streambar Pro.  The App works fine on my Roku Ultra and my two Roku Express devices. Nothing has changed with my connectivity at all.  

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TaraLee,

We appreciate your effort to follow up and thanks for providing all the information we requested.

If you're still experiencing an issue, try checking for any system updates in Settings>System>System update>Check now. If the issue remains unresolved, we'd recommend reaching out to MASN Everywhere directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist.

Thanks again for posting and we hope the suggestions above get everything sorted out.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
mlwetmore

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same problem with the MASN app on Roku, and have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app, power cycling the Roku, and running a system update, but it is still not working. The screen freezes on the MASN logo for 30+ seconds then automatically resets the Roku every time. Does anyone have a site/email to contact MASN everywhere app to report the problem?

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @mlwetmore,

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you are seeing with your MASN Everywhere and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far. 

If none of the suggestions resolved the issue and is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to contact that channel publisher directly to share your feedback.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.