Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaitlin4599
Channel Surfer

What remote I can use for Roku 3 4230x?

Jump to solution

i picked up a used Roku 3 4230X but it doesnt have a remote. can i use any remote because my mom has a spare remote that came with her 2020 streaming stick can i use that remote or no? below are pics of the roku device i have just want to know if any roku remote will work with my roku 3 or do i need a special one thanks please dont tell me its old or to upgrade to a newer model i got this one cheap it will suit my needs perfectly fine thanks s-l1600 (2).jpgs-l1600 (1).jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: need help sorting out a remote for my older roku

Jump to solution

Hi @kaitlin4599,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your inquiry. Please be advised that the Roku 3 4230X uses a simple Roku remote that uses an invisible infrared (IR) light to transmit the button presses over a short distance. If your mom's Roku streaming stick uses a voice remote, it may not be compatible with the Roku 3 4230X. The Roku voice remote has a voice button, while the Roku simple remote doesn't have one. You can check out this support article to learn more about Roku remotes and visit the Roku store for a list of Roku remotes.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: need help sorting out a remote for my older roku

Jump to solution

Hi @kaitlin4599,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your inquiry. Please be advised that the Roku 3 4230X uses a simple Roku remote that uses an invisible infrared (IR) light to transmit the button presses over a short distance. If your mom's Roku streaming stick uses a voice remote, it may not be compatible with the Roku 3 4230X. The Roku voice remote has a voice button, while the Roku simple remote doesn't have one. You can check out this support article to learn more about Roku remotes and visit the Roku store for a list of Roku remotes.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.