Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Voice remote pro won't charge

Hi @fyb3roptik,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If you feel more comfortable providing this information in a PM (private message), please feel free to send me a PM and I can further assist you.

A private message can be sent by clicking the envelope icon at the top right-hand side of the page next to your user avatar or a private message can be sent by first clicking on a user's profile. Once on the user's profile page, scroll down until you reach the Contact Me information and click the Send this user a private message.

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WCC1966
Channel Surfer

That’s all Roku ever writes. “Please post your serial number.” They don’t have a solution for any of us. Their products fail. They ripped us off. 
I was so happy when Roku came out, but they are liars and thieves making millions off of hard working people buy their inferior product. Shame on them.   

raebeam

Hi I’m having the same issue other people have mentioned. Remote is showing 0% battery, I plug it in as usual and the green light flashes. The tv screen sometimes says it is charging but usually flips back to say it needs to be charged while it is still plugged in.

I tried the reset button hold for 15 seconds no change. I also checked, no other devices are paired except this one

I’m not sure what the serial number is because I bought the Roku express 4K and swapped that remote for the voice remote so I think the serial number in settings is for the express device not my voice remote.

0 Kudos
fyb3roptik
Streaming Star

Mary I sent you a DM

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @fyb3roptik,

We appreciate your contact.

I've responded to the PM that you sent me and will continue to assist you from there.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @raebeam,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device that is paired with your Roku Voice Remote Pro so we can assist further.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
pesce

Replacement battery here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/125460933376

all in all it costs almost $20, so weigh the pros and cons accordingly.  It uses the same battery as the "valve index" in case my link breaks.

megan_91
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue. Remote pairs kind of when I have it plugged in. It will not charge. While plugged in, it acts like I’m unplugging and plugging it back in rapidly. 

I tried the 15 second reset and still not working. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@megan_91

Thanks for the post.

Did you purchase the remote separately or did it come with a Roku device? If the Roku remote came with a Roku device, can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TorrentFiend
Channel Surfer

I also have a Roku voice remote pro that will not charge. At this point the battery is completely dead. I tried to re pair the remote several times when the battery life was between 0% and 5% hoping that it would somehow take a charge but every time I connected it I cannot get it to charge. I tried to connect it to a USB port on my pc, I also tried connecting it too a wall outlet that has USB power as well with the included cable that came with it for charging it. I even tried connecting it to an AC adapter to USB phone charger using the included cable connected to USB power each and every time. At no point would any of these connections provide a green light indicating it was charging and after many hours with each one of these attempts the device still had only 0 to 5% charge. It barely had the last percent of power left so I was able to pair it with my new Roku ultra I recently got. However the last bit of juice it had must have got used because it won't work at all now and I have no way to charge it.

It worked perfectly fine up until it was time to charge it. A couple of months after buying it I was outside of the 30 day window for returns and I was unable to charge it. I was very upset, feels like I got ripped off. I bought a rechargeable remote that is impossible to charge.

I bought it to use with my Roku premiere+ which I got in 2016 before Roku came out with voice remotes. I got just the remote because I wanted a better remote to use with my old Roku.

Since that issue with the remote however I decided to get a Roku Ultra because I wanted to update my hardware.  The one I was using was getting old. I got a Roku Ultra a little bit earlier this year and that remote is working perfectly fine so whatever issue there was with the previous remote I bought it appears you guys have fixed it which is good.

However I'm still out the $30 that I paid for my voice remote pro that still will not charge. Luckily I had just enough battery left to pair it with my new Roku ultra so I do have the dead remote MAC address of the device as well as the Model Number.  My dead remote that I can't charge Model number is RC538.  MAC Address is 84:EA:ED:39:7E:2D and if necessary I can also provide you with the serial number of my Roku Ultra device if that is needed. I don't mind providing the MAC address of my dead remote control that cannot be used anyway but if you need the serial number of my device I would rather send that privately to someone at Roku assisting with this instead of putting it on this public thread where anyone could see that.

All I want is a replacement Voice Remote Pro remote because Roku has my money and I have a dead remote control that I cannot use after only a partial single charge. Honestly one of the main reasons I wanted to get it was because the shortcut buttons had three apps that I subscribed to which was netflix, disney, and Hulu. On top of that the two programmable buttons are attractive because I could have up to five apps with one tap buttons.... My Roku Ultra that I recently bought came with shortcut buttons for only Netflix and disney, the other two were apple and Paramount plus neither of which I use. I know they pay a lot of money to get a button on the remote but if at all possible could I get a replacement remote that has the same shortcut buttons as the one that won't charge? The shortcut buttons on the dead remote is netflix, disney, hulu, and sling. I understand if that combination of shortcut buttons is no longer available but if you want to make this customer extra happy a remote matching exactly the shortcut buttons I had would be great.

At the very least I would at least want my remote replaced because Roku has my money and I have a remote that I cannot charge.

If you need any extra details or information please let me know.

Also I have already tried all the troubleshooting steps many times and I've read the troubleshooting steps that this thread has recommended. I'm a very tech savvy person so this is not user error with beginner mistakes or anything like that. The device simply will not charge and I would like a replacement because I've been ripped off at the moment.

Thank you very much for any assistance you can provide. This is not how I want to spend Christmas Eve, however since last year, the last time I saw this thread, a lot more have spoke up about this issue so if people are getting help with this, I would like the same. I bought this remote and Roku has my money, I have a dead remote and the right thing to do would be for them to replace my dead remote with one that works. Thank you and Merry Christmas.

Whatever further info you need please let me know.

0 Kudos