Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fettbo
Channel Surfer

Voice remote pro not pairing

I got the voice remote pro and I fully charged it and have gone in to the set up your remote and it just spins then says remote not found. I have tried restarting the roku the remote etc. I have a roku Premiere model 3920x serial number YH00GF523507 software 10.0.0 build 4195-91. Not sure why it is not pairing. I do have basic functions but private listening does not work nor does volume controls work. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Voice remote pro not pairing

Hi @fettbo,

Thank you for reaching Roku Community regarding your Roku Voice Remote Pro. We understand you are having difficulties using your remote.

Let’s go through the setup procedure again by following these steps accordingly:

Note: Please make sure you are not too far from the host while pairing, can you move the remote closer to the Roku device?

• To reset your remote please follow the steps below: With your Roku device turned on, press and hold the pairing button on the back of your remote for at least 20 seconds
  • Your remote will reboot and connect to your Roku device
  • Check that the hands-free is 'on' by making sure the slider switch on the side of the remote is green
  • Test by saying "Hey Roku, what time is it?", then your Roku should respond with an on-screen message 

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How do I set up my Roku® voice remote? | Official Roku Support

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Many thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
fettbo
Channel Surfer

That didn't work I just have basic control I can select the channel etc but no voice control, private listening, volume control. In the settings menu where you pair a remote after pushing the pair button then clicking next it just spins I have held the remote right up to the device and it doesn't pair fully. I have tried it on 3 other rokus same model that I own and the remote functions as it is supposed to. It's either the roku device or the tv

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @fettbo,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
mtforeman

I am having this exact same problem. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mtforeman,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community! 

I understand that you are unable to pair your Roku device to the Roku Voice remote, I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help.

A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

• What Roku model device are you using?
  • Have you tried the solution that was previously posted and what troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

The pairing button and status light are located on the back of a rechargeable voice remote.

Notes:

To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: How do I set up my Roku® voice remote? | Official Roku Support

I hope this helps! I'll be here if you need anything else.

Many thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
Demon015

I can’t get mine to pair either. I got it to work for a little while. But it shows my old remotes info not the pro. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Demon015

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps and information provided by our Support pages here:

How do I set up my Roku® voice remote?

How to resolve issues with your Roku® simple remote or Roku voice remote

Keep us posted on what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Beck38
Roku Guru

Quite a number of folks, including myself, find this device looses its pairing and is unable to renegotiate no matter what hoops they go through.  

I'm a retired senior hardware and s/w designer and will tell the folks at roku that anyone who thinks that not having a mechanical pwr switch on a device, and relying on a software sequence of hoop jumping button pressing and the like, is doomed to failure eventually.  Even ctl-alt-del on a pc does not work every time, and it's now 40 years old as a reboot function. 

This device needs a power interrupter switch, to reboot the thing from ground zero, and that would give it a chance to clear up all these problems the device seems to have.  Then again, I cant begin to count the number of times I've been called into reviewing a project that had hit a wall where the programmers boxed themselves into a corner by thinking that software was the ultimate way to fix devices that occasionally locked up.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Beck38

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried re-pairing your remote to your Roku device? In addition, how are you powering your Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos