Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Voice remote pro not holding charge

Hi @MD8,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Sorry to hear that you're having this experience. Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device paired to your Roku remote from Settings > System > About? In addition. kindly include the model of the affected Roku remote.

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MelissaM

I am having this issue as well. Stares about a week ago. Bought the remote not long after they hit the market.

I have Roku Tv model 7101X

Serial YN00E9035872

Remote model RC-MC1

Tried multiple chargers, it won't hold the charge.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MelissaM,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out regarding the Roku Voice Remote pro' not charging issue you are experiencing. Not worry, I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you via email.

We appreciate your patience for the time being.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
greyhounds
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue. Charge does not hold. If I do charge it bumps to 40% suddenly and discharges to 1% right away. Never used it for private listening too 😞

My Roku serial YN0068096915.

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@greyhounds wrote:

I have the same issue. Charge does not hold. If I do charge it bumps to 40% suddenly and discharges to 1% right away. Never used it for private listening too 😞

You may need to replace the batteries if they’re defective.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
greyhounds
Reel Rookie

@Michelle3 wrote:

@greyhounds wrote:

You may need to replace the batteries if they’re defective.

~ Jordan

This is a voice remote pro. Battery is not replaceble. I can just re-charge it. That is what the complaint is about. The remote does not hold the charge.

Thankw

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Whoops, my bad.  I forgot that the Voice Pro doesn’t use batteries.
~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @greyhounds,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you through email.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FabianM

Re: Voice remote pro not holding charge

Hello,

I, too, am experiencing a very similar issue. My Voice Remote Pro will not hold a charge any more. I've charged it overnight and immediately once I disconnect the charger, I get the 0% message on my screen. Plugged in, it works fine, but no matter how long I charge it for, it dies once disconnected from power. I do use the Private Listening feature, but again, I give it ample charging time. Here's the info you may need below: 

Remote Model: RC538

Roku Device Serial: YN00J6901365

Software is updated. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
jmg374
Reel Rookie

Re: Voice remote pro not holding charge

Even as of today, I am still having issues. My remote WILL hold a charge but only for a few days. I use my remote with the Private Listening feature almost exclusively.

One thing that I found helps, crazy as it may sound, is to keep unplugging and/or restarting the Roku unit. It will start charging again- to a greater extent eve n though it says 100%.. If I do this all day - restarting and unplug/plug back in, it seems to hold a better/longer charged. Like you, my software is updated. There rechargeable remote is a great feature but definitely faulty. 

Good luck.

0 Kudos