Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Re: Voice remote pro not holding a charge

@RokuJohnB 

Yes I have tried using different outlets, and charging cables, it makes no difference. And that shouldn't have any effect on the Roku remote not charging properly since using the provided charging cable is what you are supposed to be using.

Seriously, these 'suggestions' by the moderators are completely useless. It's obvious nothing is being done to fix my problem or anyone else who has issues with their remotes. It feels like I'm dealing with robots who have no ability to discern common sense every time I get a response from a moderator.

The battery in my Roku rechargeable remote is defective, so send me a new one and I'll be glad to send this defective one back to Roku as long as Roku pays the return shipping. Then you can test it all you want and see how it won't fully charge and won't hold a charge.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate your cooperation, @Emissary35!

This is not our intention, and we apologize for the inconvenience. Please try the steps below.

Put your streaming device in pairing mode.

1. Remove the power cable from your streaming device.
  2. Wait at least 5 seconds.
  3. Re-connect the power cable.
  4. Wait for your streaming device to power on and the Home screen to appear on your TV screen.
  5. Within 30 seconds of seeing the Home screen on your TV screen, put your voice remote into pairing mode.

Put your voice remote in pairing mode.

1. Press and hold the pairing button on your voice remote for 20 seconds. The status light should slowly flash green, stop, and then flash rapidly. When this happens, release the pairing button, and your remote will restart.
  2. Press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds, or until you see the status light begin to flash. If the light does not flash, charge your remote.
  3. Wait for 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your streaming device.

Once your streaming device and remote are connected, the pairing dialog will appear on your TV screen.

Let us know how it works.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                      John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

@RokuJohnB All of those steps you copied and pasted to me from a script I've done before. It has nothing to do with why the battery in the Voice Remote Pro won't fully charge and won't hold a charge.

That response was completely useless as I had anticipated it would be, instead of Roku ever fixing any problem they send their robot moderators to copy and paste the same basic steps again and again that never work.

I want Roku to actually fix the problems and create remotes that actually work. This one they sent me is defective and I need one that actually works. No amount of rebooting my device or repairing the remote to the devices is going to fix the battery that won't work right!

Does anyone at Roku understand this? We need real customer service here not the joke we are currently getting. We get told to repeat the same steps that don't work and then we are told the info was forwarded to a technical team who are looking into it. But then nothing happens then either.

Roku basically has no true customer service, it feels like most issues like this simply go unresolved for years, especially anything to do with remote problems.

I tried all of those steps BEFORE I came here to complain and I just did them again, they don't fix the battery in my remote.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.