Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BT3774
Channel Surfer

Voice Remote suddenly stopped working

One day, our remote just stopped working.  I replaced the batteries and tried to re-pair it.  Nothing. So I thought perhaps the remote was failing. I ordered a new one and that one also will not pair- the blinking pair light just goes on endlessly.  Is there another issue that might be causing the remote to not connect all of a sudden?  When I use the Roku app on my phone, it works fine so our Roku itself is the same. Any advice? I'd like to return the new Roku remote but it's also impossible to find information on how to return it since even though I ordered it on this site, it is not showing up under my orders.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Voice Remote suddenly stopped working

Hello! @BT3774,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We are sorry to hear about your Roku voice remote issue. We are happy to help.

Repair your voice remote for your streaming device.

Put your streaming device in pairing mode.

1. Remove the power cable from your streaming device.
  2. Wait at least 5 seconds.
  3. Re-connect the power cable.
  4. Wait for your streaming device to power and the Home screen to appear on your TV screen.
  5. Put your voice remote into pairing mode within 30 seconds of seeing the Home screen on your TV.

Put your voice remote in pairing mode.

1. Remove the battery cover on the back of your voice remote.
  2. Remove both batteries from the battery compartment.
  3. Wait 5 seconds, and then reinsert the batteries.
  4. If your remote has a pairing button, press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds or until the status light begins to flash.
  5. If your remote does not have a pairing button, press and hold the Home and Back buttons for 5 seconds or until the status light flashes.
  6. If the status light does not flash, try replacing the batteries.
  7. Wait 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your streaming device.

Once your streaming device and remote are connected, the pairing dialog will appear on your TV screen.

For more detailed information, refer to this link: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working.

Please keep us posted on what you find out; we will happily continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.
Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos