Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kfly
Reel Rookie

Voice Remote disconnects/hangs for a few seconds when Volume IR keys are pressed - costco batteries

After buying my second replacement voice  remote figured I would try to sort out why my remote would seem to disconnect for 10 seconds ever time I pressed the volume buttons. The full battery symbol would flash up and then all the regular remote buttons would start working again.(until you press one of the volume or mute buttons - assume an IR operation)

My fix:
Turns out looks like the new Costco Batteries (Duracell powerboost) don't work in the voice remote(none of mine). on the multimeter looks like they are 1.7v instead of 1.5v and cause the voice remote to hang for 10 seconds after pressing an IR button.

If I use one old battery and one new Duracell powerboost the remote will stop freezing. or if I use 2 old batteries that do not have a full charge.

If you think you have IR issues or sync issues with the voice remote on new batteries it may be the batteries are supplying to much voltage.

thx

K

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
GRB4040

Re: Voice Remote disconnects/hangs for a few seconds when Volume IR keys are pressed - costco batter

I had the very same issue using Duracell Power Boost batteries in my Roku Voice remote.  Using 'old' type of batteries solved the problem.

0 Kudos