Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Slokurt

Using ultra voice remote to go to a prior channel while watching spectrum

I replaced my Roku streaming stick with the ultra voice.  On the streaming stick remote while watching tv on spectrum I could hit the rewind button and go to the last channel I was watching.  This doesn’t work on the ultra voice remote.  Is there a way to enable this feature?

4 REPLIES 4
Jcam369
Reel Rookie

Re: Using ultra voice remote to go to a prior channel while watching spectrum

I noticed this too. It’s odd to lose capabilities when buying the latest tech from the same company

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

As far as I know, Roku has never had any documented “previous channel” feature, however, some apps that contain channels within themselves have come up with some button that works within their apps.  As such, I think you would need to contact Spectrum for any news about this.

0 Kudos
Jcam369
Reel Rookie

Really? On all of my other Roku remotes, which are not ultra, all you have to do is push the rewind button, while watching TV, like on the spectrum app, and it goes back to the previous channel you were watching.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Well, I don't recall seeing rewind do anything but rewinding.  But I'm likely not using all the same apps that you use.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.