Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ngoldstein
Streaming Star

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Happy your problem is fixed!  Now, if Team Roku would only push 10.5 out to the rest of us 😞

0 Kudos
NotHI
Reel Rookie

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I’ve updated to 10.5, and my device still doesn’t control my television.  No power or volume control.

0 Kudos
Ngoldstein
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I’m sorry, Roku doesn’t care. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Have tried the suggested fixes but my roku remote still doesn't control volume and power. Please advise!

Model 3800x

Model 127 

Software 10.5.0 build 4198-55

Serial yf006p553863

Sony TV kdl-40s2010a

0 Kudos
jvillagomez
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

mine still doesn't work no matter what I try. It's not going to work until they undo what they did!!

elizavln

Jump to solution

Did that, then went to wet up remote for TV control. I try to enter SONY as the brand name and it doesn't recognize it? and it says on the screed enter tv brand name i.e. samsung, sony.... WTF?

No power or volume- bought a new ROKU remote because I thought mine was broken or fizzled out. ROKU you about me $20 for the remote I just bought for no reason- still no volume or power button use 

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Same thing with only 1 of my TVs ( the newest of mine 3 years Vizio), since May 

im fearful of their new planned software update that just may do more damage 

0 Kudos
reamorama
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Problem showed up for me today too. Out of the blue - no changes (or updates that I can even tell). Worked fine for a long time before this. Thought it was batteries so replaced those and now - nada.

-what remote model (found in Settings > Remotes and Devices > Remotes > select the remote > About > Model)

-software OS/version (found in Settings > System > About)

10.0.0 build 4209-C2
-did your remote control the TV before?

Yes - audio and power just fine.

-make and model of TV?

LG UH610A

-are you connected to an AVR?

Yes - Onkyo 676NR

0 Kudos
mtkinsey
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My TV works fine.  When I turn on Roku with my remote, an update comes on the screen and is locked.  My remote does not work with the  Roku update.  I close Roku with my TV remote.  Please send a fix.

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Simply amazing 

Roku maybe on the way out

from the best to the never ending spreading of self destruction 

sad

0 Kudos