Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Desi_28
Reel Rookie

Tv brand not found cannot pair remote to tv

I keep trying to pair my Roku remote to my tv and it keeps saying tv brand not found. No matter what brand I put in as soon as I put any letter it says not found. I really want to be able to control the volume & power to my tv with my Roku remote. Please help. 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Tv brand not found cannot pair remote to tv

@Desi_28 

Some manufacturers use the same code set. So, if you were to actually tell us the brand you're looking for, perhaps someone knows another brand that uses that same code set.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Desi_28
Reel Rookie

I have a Vizio tv. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Desi_28 

I have a Vizio TV. It popped right up on mine.

On the TV, using the TV remote, go to Settings > CEC > and ensure that Enable is set.

If everything is working correctly, you won't need to configure the remote to the TV.

By the way, the remote pairs to the Roku, meaning it only works with that very one Roku device. It doesn't actually pair with the TV. You can configure if need be, and that's what you were trying to do. Just words, I know, but there is enough of a difference that if you search for things, you'll get wrong results. Really, though, you shouldn't have to with a Vizio. 

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Desi_28
Reel Rookie

@DBDukes

CEC has already been enabled. 
That doesn’t answer the question of why I am unable to control the volume or power of my Vizio tv from my roku remote. I would like to only use one remote not two separate ones. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Desi_28 

You should be able to configure it. I can. I use only my Roku remote. I have to hunt the Vizio remote if I ever need it (I never need it).

Sometimes, network issues can interfere with the setting for that (perhaps preventing the data from downloading properly). Some have used a phone hotspot and connected their Roku to that, then configured the remote to work with their TV.

Again, my Vizio worked immediately. And before I responded earlier, I went to the menu and searched for it. The thing that isn't working for you, is working for me. Which points to something there, at your location, possibly network. Try the hotspot and see if that resolves it.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
renojim

@Desi_28, a lot of people have had the problem where no manufacturers come up when you search.  The solution seems to be try connecting your Roku device to an alternate network like your phone's hotspot, if possible, just to get through the remote set up.  Once it's set up, change back to your Wi-Fi network.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
MilesT
Roku Guru

Also, some TV's don't offer CEC on all HDMI ports. Simple to try another to eliminate this possibility.

Not a Roku employee
gmarqurt

Need to pair with peerless-AV brand TV

0 Kudos