Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lschreiber

Starting to record in the middle of a live streaming program

Has anyone found a way to start a recording with a Roku remote when the streaming program has already started?  Since there is no record button on the remote, clicking on the program launches it and does not record it in my Directv streaming service. Example: I need to leave but want to finish recording the game to watch later.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Starting to record in the middle of a live streaming program

There's no way to record a live stream.  It's one of the major downfalls of streaming.  Some services may have a "DVR" option, but I'm not familiar with them.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Starting to record in the middle of a live streaming program

Rokus have no provisions for recording anything.  Some premium channel apps include DVR services where programs can be recorded on the channels' own servers, but how you access the DVR controls is up to the particular channel's programmers. 

They could place them jn the Roku's normal Options popup accessed via the Roku remote * key, or they may choose other ways to access them.  One commonly used alternative is to access them via screen overlays that pop up when the up and/or down cursor keys are pressed.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos