Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JPku

Simple remote stopped working (batteries are fine and other remotes work for the base unit)

I have three simple remotes (Model RC-ALIR 3226001002), bought within the last 6 months, one of which stopped working.  I replaced batteries but it still does not work, and other remotes work on the base units that this remote won't work on.  I have tried to email ROKU support, but their email support function does not work.  I think they should replace the remote, but can't contact them.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Simple remote stopped working (batteries are fine and other remotes work for the base unit)

@JPku

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? Are you making sure that the sensor on the device isn't being blocked as Simple Remotes require direct line of sight?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jtishim

Re: Simple remote stopped working (batteries are fine and other remotes work for the base unit)

It stopped working is self-explanatory.  There's no response when buttons are pushed, even with good batteries.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @jtishim

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Please reply here with the device ID of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Chip420
Reel Rookie

My stopped as well the remote model number is RC-ALIR 3226001002 and the Roku express 4K model number is 3940X and the SN is S07R221Y406V I would like either a replacement unit and remote or the money I spent on it please and thank you

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @Chip420

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

For starters, have you tried the suggestion posted in this Support link: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working? If yes, please let us know so we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Chip420
Reel Rookie

Yes, I have also tried using a different remote with the device and it does not work

0 Kudos