Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up an new remote to my RCA Roku TV

Jump to solution

Was having issues so tried a factory reset on RCA 55 Roku tv . Original remote was broken a year ago so we have been using the phone app . 
Now I cannot access main screen (language)  to setup connection and use phone as remote again . 
I’m picking up a replacement remote tomorrow , will I be able to program the new remote to the tv as it is stuck on the first screen where I choose language ? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @Johnnybebad,

We're thrilled to have you join us here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are inquiring about setting up a new remote to use with your RCA Roku TV. 

Yes, you can use your newly purchased remote and set up the remote on your Roku device. First, you need to identify if your Roku remote is a voice remote or a simple remote.

To set up a simple remote, you only need to insert new matching batteries and point the remote directly at the front of your streaming device when you are using it.

For the voice remote, you likely completed the pairing process during the initial setup and activation (since you did a factory reset). Learn more about how to set up your Roku voice remote.

In addition to this, since you performed a factory reset your Roku TV is not connected to the internet, and you cannot use the Roku mobile app as a remote. 

For future reference, here's How to connect your phone to a Roku streaming device with the Roku mobile app | Official Roku Suppor...

We would also like to tag @Tivoburkee can provide a suggestion or recommendation as he's our resident Community remote Expert.

We hope we have addressed your question appropriately, but please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @Johnnybebad,

We're thrilled to have you join us here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are inquiring about setting up a new remote to use with your RCA Roku TV. 

Yes, you can use your newly purchased remote and set up the remote on your Roku device. First, you need to identify if your Roku remote is a voice remote or a simple remote.

To set up a simple remote, you only need to insert new matching batteries and point the remote directly at the front of your streaming device when you are using it.

For the voice remote, you likely completed the pairing process during the initial setup and activation (since you did a factory reset). Learn more about how to set up your Roku voice remote.

In addition to this, since you performed a factory reset your Roku TV is not connected to the internet, and you cannot use the Roku mobile app as a remote. 

For future reference, here's How to connect your phone to a Roku streaming device with the Roku mobile app | Official Roku Suppor...

We would also like to tag @Tivoburkee can provide a suggestion or recommendation as he's our resident Community remote Expert.

We hope we have addressed your question appropriately, but please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos