Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Goofyball
Reel Rookie

Roku ultra with rechargeable remote

Ok. This rechargeable remote is a reoccurring headache. Ive had this unit for less than 6 months. Suddenly, it will not always control the tv; I.e. volume, power or apps (intermittently) I’ve tried setting up again. I hear the music play for every code. It never stops. I did a factory reset, repaired the remote and it worked for awhile. I factory reset again. Paired the remote and it worked for two days. I should NOT have to go through the grief of a factory reset every day (add apps back on, sign into everything individually, rearrange my screen AGAIN, and delete unwanted apps) what is even more infuriating is that on Roku support for remotes it has a video for BATTERY POWERED REMOTES ALONE. There is no support for these remotes. And yes, my base is right n front of me less than 8 feet away. The remote is 100% charged. I am extremely tech knowledgeable professionally and personally. I know what I’m doing but unfortunately Roku doesn’t. 

2 REPLIES 2
TNWaltz

Re: Roku ultra with rechargeable remote

I am experiencing same problems.  Roku needs to offer a battery powered remote option.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku ultra with rechargeable remote

@Goofyball @TNWaltz

Thanks for the posts.

We would recommend taking a look at the information provided by our Support page here: Learn about Voice Remote Pro

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos