Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Whiteface247
Reel Rookie

Roku ultra remote finder inop

Just bought the roku ultra, the remote finder does not work. The only way I can get the remote to make a sound is the preview sound and if I'm pressing the ok button on the remote. If I use the other remote from my roku 3 the other remote doesn't make any sound. Rokudanny_ posted last year about a firmware upgrade but that never happened. Is there a fix? The only reason I went with the ultra is for the remote finder feature.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku ultra remote finder inop

@Whiteface247

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? When you press the remote finder, is there no sound being emitted on your remote?

We would recommend taking a look at the information provided by our Support page here: How do I find my Roku® remote using remote finder?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Whiteface247
Reel Rookie

When I press the remote finder button on the base, nothing happens. When I go into settings on the roku and select hond my remote, nothing happens. The only way I can the remote make noise is if I select preview sound on the remote that came with the roku, if I try it with another remote paired with the roku (remote from my roku 3) the ultra remote doesn't make any noise. @RokuDanny-R what is the problem? The roku updated to the newest firmware when it set it up. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Whiteface247

Thanks for the update.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to pass the information along to our Support team who will assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Whiteface247
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R how could've I resolved the problem when you never offered any advice on how to fix it? Only to send you another message saying the same things again just so you can pass it along to someone else. Why don't you tag someone that can actually help, or get someone to suggest a possible fix for this issue (which is a known issue by previous posts).

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Whiteface247

Thanks for the post.

As I stated in my previous post, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to pass the information along to our Support team who will assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
OhGeeWillikers
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku ultra 2022 remote finder inop

Same exact issue. 

Model: Ultra 2022 4802X

Software Version: 11.5.0

Build: 4312

purchased 2-1-2023.

Remote works well in every other area EXCEPT the remote finder. I can only get sound via the remote when in Roku settings in ‘find remote’ on the tv screen. Then the tone is heard.

Pressing the button on the Roku Puck shows the lost remote function working on screen, but does not enable any sound on the remote.

I can even cancel the the finder via the remote, but no finder sound is heard.

This functionality is useless as I cannot navigate to the lost screen without the remote. I can use the Roku App on my iPhone, but that takes longer and defeats the purpose of that valuable feature.

as I’m not the only one having this issue, please fix!

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku ultra 2022 remote finder inop

Hi @OhGeeWillikers,

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look into this issue but will need more information. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Serial number and device ID (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
  • screenshot of what is being shown on the screen

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos