Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Duker61
Reel Rookie

Roku screen and remote not responding

I get the same condition. I unplug it and plug it back in to get working again but this happens often. Is there any way to prevent this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Duker61,

We're thrilled to have you join us here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding the issue with your home screen. We appreciate your efforts to resolve the issue and are glad to assist you.

• What Roku device are you using right now?
  • Is this the first time you have experienced this issue?

A system restart is the least invasive way to reset your system. You can also perform a restart from the Settings menu.

1. Press Home  on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

In either case, your Roku device will complete a system restart and hopefully return to normal operation after a moment. 

Rest assured that we are here to assist you every step of the way. Please keep us updated on your progress so we can continue to provide you with the support you need. We eagerly await your response.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Duker61
Reel Rookie

I have 3 streaming sticks. Model 3820rw2.

I verified they all have strong wi-fi and most current software.

I can’t system restart because the remote is not responding. The only way the get it to restart is to unplug it. That’s not really a solution as the tvs are large and wall mounted.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Duker61,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your problem with the remote that is not responding to your Roku device. To help you further resolve the problem, we will collaborate with you to determine what went wrong. Kindly provide us with the following details.

• What type of Roku remote are you using right now? (universal, simple, voice remote, or voice remote pro)
  • If it's battery-operated, have you tried removing the batteries and putting it back or changing the batteries?
  • If it's rechargeable, have you tried recharging it?
  • When did the issue start?

See more tips and troubleshooting steps for this type of issue here: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working.

We'll be waiting for your updates.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                          Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos