Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uric

Roku remotes with channel numbers?

I have found an after market remote for Roku TV's.  The model number is OV-1803LC /  Make unknown.  Ordered directly from China.  Has 21 direct access  app buttons, which also include a numeric pad. almost everything works fine with three different RokuTVs but I could not get the numeric pad to work with any of the Roku TVs.  Conclusion: So far, Roku programmers really do not like to deal with numbers... at least not for channel selection. Or, otherwise, with my 50 years of experience I am not technical enough. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku remotes with channel numbers?

@uric 

The double duty keys won't work on Roku tv's, Netflix doesn't use the same IR command as #1 key. Roku tv's do respond to number key commands, but the IR code for #1 key only does #1 nothing else. And numeral commands only work when tuned to Roku CH Guide, or you're tuned to Live tv channel. Does not work on any other apps even if they number the channels!! 

Look for UEI made universal remotes like the Inteset 422-3/4, One for All urc-7880, urc-3660, urc-3680. And Insignia NS-RMT8D21 and similar Insignia models sold at Best Buy. There is also the Onn 6 device sold cheap on ebay. All use the same tv code 14398 or 4398 depending on the model you get. The number commands will be preset. You can add advanced codes for discrete app commands separately. These are 5-digit commands for individual functions, also called EFC's. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.