Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snott

Roku remote no longer turns tv on/off, but used to

Somebody please help before I throw every bit of this roku system in the dumpster. I have the roku soundbar with the wireless speakers hooked up to my tv. I've had it hooked up to the tv for over a year, no issues (other than the fact some apps completely freeze up and I have to hard reset).

The remote used to turn the tv on/off when you press the power button. I haven't changed any settings, and all of a sudden the power button just goes to "HOME" and doesn't turn anything off.

I have the 1-touch (CEC) whatever it is called enabled both the roku and my TV. Nothing. When the tv is off for a bit, it goes to my TV's home screen rather than the Roku because it can't detect the **bleep** thing.

any ideas??

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote no longer turns tv on/off, but used to

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @snott!

Thank you for letting us know about the issues you've encountered with your Roku remote recently. We'd like to know more about this so we can assess your concern better and provide you with an accurate resolution. 

Please let us know the following:

• When did you start seeing this behavior?
  • What is your current software version? (Settings > System > About)
  • Is this the remote that comes with your Roku Streambar?

In the meantime, let's try to reset your remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again and set up the CEC option to see if this will make any difference.

We'll be anticipating your response so we can continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.