Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anejohn

Roku remote control glitch

Jump to solution

Recently have had remote glitches when selecting channels, searching titles or movie selections. When using the up, down, left or right keys (arrows) the the curser jumps multiple spaces instead on a single space. The only way to remedy this problem is to keep pushing buttons back and fourth in the hope it will land on the right key or use the remote function on my iPhone which works normally. 
Any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku remote control glitch

Jump to solution

@anejohn-

You may have received an upgrade to your Roku software, and you just need to restart your Roku. [Note: If you have a Roku TV with "Fast TV Start" enabled, turning it off/on just puts it in/out of a standby mode and does not give you a full restart.]

Depending on your Roku model you'll find the "System restart" option under "Settings > System > Power" or if you don't have a "Power" option, under "Settings > System".

If a restart doesn't do it, or if you don't have sufficient control with the remote to navigate the Roku menus, you can also restart by pulling the power plug to the Roku for a few seconds then plugging it back in and waiting for it to restart.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@anejohn-

You may have received an upgrade to your Roku software, and you just need to restart your Roku. [Note: If you have a Roku TV with "Fast TV Start" enabled, turning it off/on just puts it in/out of a standby mode and does not give you a full restart.]

Depending on your Roku model you'll find the "System restart" option under "Settings > System > Power" or if you don't have a "Power" option, under "Settings > System".

If a restart doesn't do it, or if you don't have sufficient control with the remote to navigate the Roku menus, you can also restart by pulling the power plug to the Roku for a few seconds then plugging it back in and waiting for it to restart.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
normalgutz

Jump to solution

Thank you! Such an easy fix.  I thought I was gonna have to guy a new remote. 

0 Kudos
Joset
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have 5 roku tvs and 2 roku express all recently started acting up, channel search is a nightmare as they don’t stop searching. I purchased two LG controls for Roku TVs, that fixed the issues. I hope Roku fixes this glitch. I am also using the app on my iPhone to bypass the issues. 

nanared

Jump to solution

I just pull the plug and wait a few minutes then plug it  back in but it only last a few days then you have to do it again.

Png0210
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

EXACTLY THIS. It makes no sense for the responder who keeps saying the solution is to unplug/restart the Roku. This issue needs to be addressed by an actual Roku employee who has queried the data to solve the root of the problem. Continuing to have someone reply with “unplug it to restart it” only helps Roku ignore customers who need a permanent solution. 

Jump to solution

Thank you, I also thought it is too difficult to solve it.

Jump to solution

I was having issues on my HBO app. Whenever I tried to rewind it would just glitch and rewind all the way and when I push play it would loop on a particular scene and I'd have to mess with it to get it to start playing again. This worked like a charm. I'm relieved. Thanks 🙏🏾

0 Kudos