Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Etnier
Channel Surfer

Roku Ultra 2022 battery fails very prematurely

My Roku Ultra 2022 was purchased in August 2022. It is now May 7, 2023. The Roku's battery stopped holding its charge for more than a week about a month ago. The software is up-to-date. I never use the earphones. I have found no way to contact Roku for support on this issue. The seller is unresponsive. A new remote would cost me $30, which is roughly 1/3 of the purchase price of the Ultra itself.

What do I do?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra 2022 battery fails very prematurely

Hi @Etnier

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the remote battery issue with the Roku device and we apologized for the inconvenience this has caused.

Please note that the battery life of your remote will depend on how frequently it's used. In typical usage scenarios, the batteries may last for two months or even longer. It's also worth noting that using the private listening feature on your Roku remote could contribute to faster battery drain.

If you continue to experience issues with your remote's battery life, please inform us and provide any relevant information that may assist our team in addressing the issue. Be sure to include the serial number of your Roku device that's paired with the remote.

We are committed to assisting you further, so please keep us updated on your situation.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Etnier
Channel Surfer

Thanks for your quick response. Should I continue to use this forum for our correspondence, or is there an address I can contact you at? Will be able to respond with the serial number upon request.

0 Kudos
Etnier
Channel Surfer

We don't use any of the special functions that would degrade battery life. We bought the 4802X for optimal performance speed.  The serial number is SODA2248CCAU.

Thanks again for your assistance here

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Etnier

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.