Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martytanis
Channel Surfer

Roku Remote keeps unpairing.

Same issue for me.  Roku remote keeps unpairing from Roku/TCL tv.

SN:      YN00D3189463

Device:  9t683d189463

Please help.

6 REPLIES 6
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra Remote not pairing (pairing light stays on)

Hi @martytanis,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we would like to know more about how we can assist. Would you be so kind as to provide more specific information regarding the remote issue you've encountered? When did you first notice it? In addition, what troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

Your response is valuable to us so we can further assist you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
martytanis
Channel Surfer

Sure, no problem, Kash.  I've been dealing with the remote unpairing itself from the TV for 12-18 months at least.  I'm so tired of it.  I've tried to get help on this page before and stop back every once in a while to see if there's a solution yet or not.  The remote unpairs, the pairs itself again.  Sometimes it takes too long to pair again, so I pull one of the batteries for a second then put it back in.  This somehow forces the remote to reconnect to the TV.  A lot of times I have to pull the batteries a couple times just to sign in and get on an app.  Please help. 

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@martytanis What you are experiencing is unusual.  I have three TCL Roku TVs and have never had a remote unpair.  My guess is you have a faulty remote.  Roku remotes for TCL TVs are about $10.  I would try a new remote.  Get the new remote from Walmart, Target, Amazon so if it also unpairs you can return it.  

0 Kudos
martytanis
Channel Surfer

@HDMIGuy   This is a new remote; the remote behaved this way after buying it, so I'm not too confident about trying another new remote.  As for being an unusual problem, a quick scan of this forum indicates otherwise.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@martytanis I know you have a new remote.  It appears from your posts that this remote has been a problem from day one.  My experience with Roku TV remotes is very different.  Between my home and my daughters we have five TCL Roku TVs.  We have not had a problem with any of the remotes.  I still belieive you have a broken remote.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Is this new remote one made by TCL or one made by some third party manufacturer?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos