Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jomaward
Reel Rookie

Roku 3800x Remote will not connect.

I'm having this same issue with my 3800x streaming stick. I've tried every troubleshooting tip on Roku and on YT. Fresh batteries, moved it further away, added an HDMI extension, etc. Nothing has worked. I've paired and re-paired it remote, I've reset the 3800x and still nothing. What else can I do?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku 3800x Remote will not connect.

@jomaward
Thanks for the post.

How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet? Have you already tried all of the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: Fix your remote

If you are still experiencing an issue, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jomaward
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R,

Yes, I the device is plugged into the TV USB, NOT to a wall outlet. Yes, I already tried ALL the fixes on the support page and what I could find on YT.

I can't go to settings on the device to get you the serial number because THAT'S where my problem is. NO remote works with the device (not the original remote nor a brand new Roku remote that I purchased for it).  However, I did unplug the device and found the serial number inscribed on the device (#CU3887443224).

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jomaward

Thanks for the post.

Have you already tried powering the Roku device to a wall outlet to see if that helps? Sometimes the TV may not provide adequate power to the Roku device.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos