Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yamarocket
Reel Rookie

Remote stops working in live TV (OTA) ONN 70" TV

Jump to solution

After I select live TV from the home menu the remote works to allow me to select an OTA TV station.  After that station is tuned on for 5-30 seconds, the TV stops responding to the remote.  I cannot change channels, pause, go to the guide etc.  The light on the TV blinks when I use a remote button and I hear a faint "click" noise from the TV speaker indicating it receives the signal but nothing happens.

The only remote buttons that will work are the "home" volume, and * buttons.  If I use the home button I can select live TV again and change channels one time.

All remote functions work just fine in apps like Netflix, prime video, etc.

The issue started about a week ago.

Performed a full reset of the TV... no change.

Updated software... no change.

Please help.  I'm about to put this TV in the bin and go buy something that isnt a giant POS.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
yamarocket
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote stops working in live TV (OTA) ONN 70" TV

Jump to solution

Figured it out. My live tv pause usb must be corrupted. I removed the usb stick and the problem went away.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
yamarocket
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Figured it out. My live tv pause usb must be corrupted. I removed the usb stick and the problem went away.

zpatwhite

Jump to solution

Thank you for this! I had the same issue and this worked for me as well!

0 Kudos
ncswd1977

Jump to solution

Thank you. This solved the problem for me too. I was ready to replace the tv prior to finding this. 

0 Kudos