Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ReneeR1
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channels

Jump to solution

I have the same problem on two TVs. Remotes skip over selections sometimes jumping 2-4 clicks ahead. Super frustrating. Had to stop using Roku as could not deal with it! Both are powered by wall outlet. PLEASE HELP ASAP!

0 Kudos
Jerry15
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine was solved by doing power restart through the SETTINGS menu

ReneeR1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you! That appears to have worked!!!!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Happening my dad right now on his Roku menu and settings

0 Kudos
RokuBen
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

In a video that @VA1DER posted, it showed the play/pause affected by this double press situation while in BritBox.  Is this a symptom that other users are seeing?  I've seen a lot of mentions of this affecting navigation in the grids, but this is the only report I'd seen about it causing problems with pausing the video.

The reason I ask it that if might tell us more about the bad code paths.  For example, if I start a program and pause it by holding my remote button, it won't unpause typically even if I've been holding that button for several seconds.  I have to release the button and press it again.

Thanks for any responses.

0 Kudos
12gauges5w
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The fix that I used and suggested,  on or about July 6, has done the trick (and no further action has been required) despite VA1DER's chastisement. 

0 Kudos
aaronhb
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same here. The fix I did at around the same time has held. Pulled out the power cord and the HDMI cable (though the HDMI cable was probably irrelevant), waited about 15 minutes, plugged everything back in and it’s been fine ever since. I hadn’t intended to wait so long before plugging in but I got distracted and that’s how it ended up. I don’t know if there’s a difference between unplugging and doing a reset. All I know is that I had the skipping problem and now it’s gone.

tooltime51
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem but mine is with a Roku Ultra. Happens on both my Roku Ultras but not on the Roku 3's but they don't have voice remote pro remotes.

0 Kudos
Kandiland
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have 3 roku remotes and they are all skipping and not stopping on the selected channel.  I haven't read any solutions to this problem.  There has to be a fix.....all three of my remotes didn't go bad at exactly the same time.

0 Kudos
Kandiland
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I will certainly try that....

0 Kudos