Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nunya4

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channels

Jump to solution

Thanks @hippyrich!  Your instructions worked for me with one caveat.  To get this to work I had to unplug my tv and roku from the main power source, in addition to unplugging my roku from the tv.  I waited 5 minutes before reconnecting everything, and then these instructions worked perfectly.

0 Kudos
Carolynball
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This works. I have a TCL tv with Roku built in

0 Kudos
dpsoftware

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Streambar Pro with the same skipping problems. I pressed the reset button on the streambar and it seems to have solved the problem.

0 Kudos
FB10331
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The Roku support tech suggested that I reboot the Roku and that did the trick. The remote navigation buttons are working normally now.

0 Kudos
Remoteskips
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is a temp fix

0 Kudos
Remoteskips
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku Support,

Do something or respond to the community about what you're doing to escalate this problem to your devs. It needs a permanent fix, none of this rebooting/resetting nonsense that only fixes it for minutes to maybe a day. 

FB10331
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Restarting resolved the problem, if only temporarily. The Roku Chat tech support about this, as well as my posting to the community. If the software developer team is not monitoring bug reports from all sources to understand where problems are, then they are not doing their job.

0 Kudos
alaneswahn

Jump to solution

I had the same problem, the Roku remote skipping across or down multiple channels/sections of the viewing screen. I found the the problem. My Google Pixel phone was in close proximity to the Roku remote. I put my phone in another room, ~25 feet away. The remote instantly worked normally.

0 Kudos
jekel
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The remotes are a joke.

2 out of 3 have died in less than a year. (Express HD)

Starts out skipping and jumping around then just fails to work.

All support checks done with no solution.

To replace is more than the original cost of the units.

Love the streaming but not going to continue to replace remotes of inferior quality.

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We'll work on it and investigate the issue further to resolve this. Kindly provide the following information below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When this issue occurs, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing.
  • Video recording when the issue happens.

We would appreciate your response regarding this matter.

Thanks, 

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.