Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chloesmc

Remote’s volume buttons taking me to an app on home screen

Jump to solution

My remote’s volume buttons on my TCL Roku tv try to take me to the home screen to take me to an app called rdio. That I’ve never had or used. I reset the remote’s settings and factory data reset my tv and it is STILL doing this. Please help. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote’s volume buttons taking me to an app on home screen

Jump to solution

That's interesting.  RDIO used to be one of the "Partner" buttons on some remotes, but the app doesn't even exist anymore.  Has it always done that?  Is it a TCL remote or a Roku voice remote?  It seems like the remote is malfunctioning, but interference with the IR sensor by something like another remote with a stuck button or sunlight hitting the sensor can cause strange behavior.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote’s volume buttons taking me to an app on home screen

Jump to solution

That's interesting.  RDIO used to be one of the "Partner" buttons on some remotes, but the app doesn't even exist anymore.  Has it always done that?  Is it a TCL remote or a Roku voice remote?  It seems like the remote is malfunctioning, but interference with the IR sensor by something like another remote with a stuck button or sunlight hitting the sensor can cause strange behavior.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.